Development of the Integrated Portal
The client is Golden Telecom (NASDAQ: GLDN), leading telecommunication operator.
The main goal of that project was to create a world-class intranet/internet portal which will use latest technologies in software and will integrate a set of available systems client had at those moment.
The point was to develop Internet part as well as Intranet part, providing internal and external users with appropriate access to corporate information. The project included development and reverse engineering of several in-house applications which did not support integration interfaces.
There were several challenges: how to integrate available systems into common portal, how to reuse existing software services client had, how to provide high scalability for that system assuming very intensive traffic from internet.
The general architecture was based on standard SOA concept with usage of MS SharePoint Portal and MS BizTalk Server capabilities. There was logical separation of Internet and Intranet parts with correspondent support of middleware of huge number of requests coming from internet (clustering capability). Client already had several systems which provided certain services for employees. One of tasks was to update the system to make them compatible with SOA and integrate them through BizTalk server. A couple of systems were rewritten from scratch as simple web parts.
- Internet module with capabilities to manage accounts, view account settings, perform payments for services;
- Personal cabinets; documents management; tasks management;
- Full text search through portal;
- Rich administration and security capabilities;
- Integration with internal Project Management System;
- Integration with internal budgeting system;
- Integration with internal Risks Management system;
- File storage management;
- Employees collaboration / conferences.
tative via Skype right now.
Duration: 19 months
Team size: 15 people
custom software development company