Testing of the Banking System
Our client is BSC Msc – the daughter company of BSC Praha. It specializes in the design and implementation of advanced banking solutions and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
A bank or a financial enterprise.
Within the collaboration with BSC Msc our company performs testing of the group of projects developed for the Banking area. Currently we are working under the testing of the system designed for the mortgage process automation.
- Electronic application creation (it contains the detailed information about a borrower, co-mortgagors, bails and a pledge);
- An application passes through the business process and finally we get a decision about the credit’s conditions, its interest rate, amount, currency and credit terms;
- It is possible to create system roles according to the number of available privileges and control the access to different business process stages;
- The system allows to generate different analytic and statistic reports;
- It is also available to prepare numerous printing forms which are required for the signing of a contract.
Test team’s main tasks:
- Test planning;
- Comprehensive test cases design;
- Manual functional testing according to the designed test cases and coming change requests;
- Reporting on each build’s quality.
- Qulix QA performed testing of a product developed on the client’s side;
- The project went using Time&Material and Fixed price schemes. By default it was – Fixed price, all additional unplanned tasks on TM basis;
- Test team: the number of stuff varies according to the number of tasks and their complexity for the next iteration;
- Project specifics: iterative incremental development using spiral and XP methodologies, frequently varying requirements, incomplete functional specification;
- To make knowledge transfer easier we used all available communication facilities such as e-mail, instant messengers (Skype, ICQ), phone calls;
- Work under the new iteration usually started with an e-mail from the client’s Project or Test manager containing tasks description. Test manager from Qulix estimated the required efforts and sent it to a client’s Project manager for confirmation;
- For the each iteration we usually prepared test plan including tasks, test strategy, project organization info, required resources and etc;
- For new functions testing we designed a set of test cases. It contained unique number for each test case, test description, steps to reproduce, expected results, in some cases – test data;
- Test plan and Test Scenario passed through the approval process on the client’s side. After confirmation we could start the phase of active testing;
- We didn’t prepare Test plan and Test scenario in cases when the coming iteration was supposed to contain only bug fixes testing;
- We used Jira for bug-tracking and sometimes for the tasks assignment purposes. The system was installed on the client’s side and was supported by its specialists.
- Test stand was installed on the client’s territory, builds integration was supported by product developers.
- To demonstrate testing results we delivered reports containing the following info:
- A list of tested functions (test coverage);
- A table with fixed bugs, including their numbers, headlines and severities;
- A list of test cases that were used for testing;
- A list with known actual bugs.
After the operation testing by customer if any change requests are implemented they should be tested during the next iterations.
tative via Skype right now.
custom software development company